Mandy's Musings

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Honouring our parents in the faith

Justin has posted a couple of really interesting pieces over here and in the most recent asks 'is there anyone you would like to give honor that may have, in this world of celebrates[sic], lacked it?'

There are many people who I'd like to honour as my parents in the faith - that I am thankful to God for and look forward to spending eternity alongside. These are some of the people who God has used to shape me. Here's just a few:

* Jo Harris who prayed with me in January 1987 when I was just 10.5 sitting in the Big Marquee at Easts Beach Kiama as I asked God to forgive me because of what Jesus had done and to make him Lord of my life.

* But along with Jo there were many others who from 1980 to 1991 were on team at Easts Beach who loved me and told me about Jesus, wrote me letters to encourage me to continue to trust in Jesus. Most of the people's names I have forgotten, but I do not forget the way that you cared or the message you faithfully passed on. Some people I do remember are: Clay and Debbie Lovegrove, David Miles, Justin Moffatt and Roslyn Barker.

* Sandy Grant who taught me to love God's word and mine the scriptures to understand how to live. Thank you for teaching me the importance of regular quiet times that have fed and sustained me over the last decade.

* David Hohne who taught me to think theologically. Bible study in 2000 was the most challenging but also most rewarding group I've ever been a part of.


Who are you thankful to God for?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home