Mandy's Musings

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thinking about the future

I started reading a new book today '666 AND ALL THAT The Truth About The Future' by John Dickson and Greg Clarke. I'm only 2 chapters in, but have really appreciated the clarity with which it writes about an important topic - the content of the Christian hope.

Here's a teaser from Chapter 1 (pages 11-12)
Christian 'hope' is not wishful thinking. Nor is it the pie-in-the-sky longing some people feel about winning the lottery ... Throughout the Bible, hope is our eager expectation of God's promised future. It's the yearning, desiring, pressing forward part of Christian life - the part that makes everything here and now seem worthwhile.

It has been great to be reminded of where my focus is to be and how I need to ensure I am living in light of it. Looking forward to the rest.

If you are looking for a copy and in Sydney, it is available at the Cathedral bookstore at the moment for only $18.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Hi Mandy
    Just wanted to come over to your blog and say thanks for leaving the recipe on mine (as far as i'm concerned it's always going to be a winner if there is baileys in it!).
    I don't think you've commented before - and I'm not sure, but I don't think we've actually met have we? Is there a connection somewhere?
    Either way I just wanted to say hi.
    I had a quick look through some of your posts and was particularly interested in the one on the 'emerging church'. I am reading 'velvet elvis' with one of our trainees at the moment to get us thinking about things affecting our christian culture... i have to confess there are many time when i get very cranky while reading the book - but i shall save my rants for my own blog! but it's encouraging to see others engaging with this area too.
    thanks again, i'll try making the tarts this weekend!
    in Him
    jodi

    By Blogger jodi, at Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:44:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home