Mandy's Musings

Monday, March 12, 2007

Satan loves it when Christians argue

A wise woman pointed out to me yesterday that Satan loves it when Christians argue, when those who are united in Christ become drawn into arguing with one another and are distracted from the task of loving and serving each other as well as our great and glorious God.

Then this morning I read Ephesians 4:1-3:
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

I was rebuked at how easily I let my sin and pride get in the way of restored relationships and at the way that distracts me from serving God wholeheartedly because so much of my energy gets tied up in feelings of anger, disappointment and hurt which often leads to bitterness and resentment. I felt the need to pray and ask the Lord to work in me by his Spirit to be more humble and gentle, patient and eager to bear with others in love as well as asking that I would be generous and gracious in my dealings with others, being quick to forgive when sinned against as well as ready and willing to ask for forgiveness when I am in the wrong.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home