Mandy's Musings

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Holiday's with Mum & Dad

I had a lovely time in Qld with Mum & Dad. Beautiful Qld didn't quite live up to the reputation of 'beautiful one day, perfect the next' but we did have some lovely sunny days.

I really enjoyed not having to do much of anything - I read lots of airport novels, went for a swim a couple of times, chatted with Mum & Dad lots and ate lots of good food. It was great to visit Stu and Cathy at church in Brisbane the first Sunday. A real highlight was getting back into running. The first day I struggled to run 3.2kms, but by the end of the 2 weeks I was running 6kms, getting faster each time. I love running along the broadwater, with water on one side, skyscrapers on the other, with the path marked every 50metres so you can tell how far you have run and what your pace is like. The little things keep me amused.

Christmas day was lovely, if quiet with just the 3 of us, although it was fun (if a bit strange) listening to Kevin open his presents over the phone. One last thing we did was go up to the viewing platform of Q1, the tallest residential tower in the world (80 stories). Here's my favourite picture of the view:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home