Mandy's Musings

Friday, November 03, 2006

Audience of One?

I've been reading through Matthew of late, and was really struck when I got to the beatitudes about how much I really don't understand them!

One thing that stood out in chapter 6 was the whole idea of seeking to live a righteous life for God's approval alone. It made me think of an old song that I'm pretty sure was called 'Audience of One' where the chorus goes something like: 'when all is said and done, I want to hear well done, from the audience of One'.

I've realised that it is so much easier to seek the approval of those around me whose feedback is immediate than it is to do things for the glory of God. Given that it is His opinion alone that matters, it is a foolish thing to do. So I've been challenged to seek not man's approval but God's, knowing that it is Him alone who sees the heart and knows my true motives anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home