Mandy's Musings

Friday, October 27, 2006

The end is in sight

I had another slight change in direction last week - added a new chapter 1 being more explicit about the egalitarian's I am arguing against, then the biblical section for chapter 2, and the theological section in chapter 3 before drawing some implications in the conclusion. I've finished the editing of the intro and chapters 1&2. I'm now in the middle of editing the new Chapter 3 - 'gender in theological context'.

I'm battling with how to compare the gendered nature of humanity with the triune nature of God. Not really sure if I am just trying to draw an analogy between humanity as gendered but yet human as the more fundamental reality like God is three persons but one being or whether I am trying to say something else entirely. Also trying to work out if it is here I dip my toe into the debates about the eternal subordination of the Son to the Father, because I want to say that the egalitarian argument that you can't say that someone is equal in being but different in function without saying they are inferior is bollucks!

Some other tweaking of the sections on sin and redemption and bodily resurrection in that section to do as well, but it is getting there. Then to tidy up the conclusion.

All going well by tomorrow night I will have a completely rewritten project. It will still need a bit more work, because at this stage I am heading for about 1000 or so words over the word limit.

Stop. Keep breathing. Remember the 4.30pm deadline on Monday is managable.

All prayers greatfully appreciated!

Spoke to 3 guys today who have already finished ... happy for them but wishing I was in their shoes!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home