Mandy's Musings

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Welcome to 2007!

Well, the New Year has begun.

2007 will be full of lots of new things for me.

New apartment - still in the process of moving, but spent my first night there on NYE, on an airmattress in the spare room. So far, so good. Furniture arrives from Canberra on Friday.

New job - begins 21st of January. Truth be told, I'm scared. But also excited about the possibility of serving our great God amongst the people at The Bible Talks and the Cathedral, meeting with women to read the bible and pray as well as having opportunities to talk to people about Jesus.

Living alone. No more college. Being 'on staff' at church.

Grateful that the one constant is our loving heavenly Father, his Son Jesus and the life giving Spirit.

Below are some photos from NYE at Polly's taken by Brad Pasley. I object to the $4mil spent, but did really enjoy them!



4 Comments:

  • You know Brad? Wow - it really is a small world.

    Also, where are you working this year?

    By Blogger Mister Tim, at Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:37:00 pm  

  • Hey there...thought I should come across and check out the latest. How much fun was NYE??!!! woo-hoo!

    By Blogger David, at Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:57:00 pm  

  • So many new challenges. Hope the inner inner city lifestyle suits and you don't go too crazy living on top of work. Sounds like the 21st is a popular start date (same here), although at least a couple seem to have already begun this week (Paget, Luke).

    By Blogger byron smith, at Wednesday, January 03, 2007 3:25:00 pm  

  • Hey Tim - can you email me direct at some stage - I seem to have lost your email address.

    I'm working at The Bible Talks, the 6.30pm evening congregation of St Andrew's Cathedral.

    David - yes, it was a fantastic night. I love fireworks :)

    Byron - I think the 21st is one of the last dates to start, but I for one have been glad for the break and a chance to move and settle properly before starting. It's amazing to have my own furniture for the first time in 4 years, and to discover the things I really thought I should store for 4 years, including some clothes that I think will make it straight to the clothing bin!

    By Blogger Mandy, at Monday, January 15, 2007 10:42:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home