Mandy's Musings

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Fabulous Night!

Anyone want to guess where I was last night?



No, I wasn't at home studying hard (I did that during the day);


I wasn't speaking at an evangelistic event (that's tonight - thanks for your prayers)





So where was I you ask?



I was at the U2 concert!



It was fantastic. A phonecall on Sunday afternoon sealed the deal, with Emily inviting me to come along with her as Luke stayed at home with the baby (who was meant to attend the concert in April in utero!).

Lots of funny moments - Elevation turned into a parody of 'spining around' in the middle as a tribute to Kylie, who also featured as the angel in Angel of Harlem. Bono singing I Should Be So Lucky in falsetto towards the end was also memorable. Old favourites played a big part, with a good run of my favourites back to back. Highlight for me was Beautiful Day, with With or Without you in the first encore a close second. Only downside was that Emily's favourite - Yahweh didn't make the playlist for the final concert.

It was a great spectacle, the sound was fabulous and their was heaps of energy. I enjoyed the ad-libbing, with 'Sydney' and "Telstra stadium' making it into more than one song, as did 'Party Boy'.

A wonderful break in the middle of stuvac! Still plugging away slowly at Matthew and Hebrews - I'll get there by next Thursday.

For those who are interested, here's the play list:

City of Blinding LIghts
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Angel of Harlem
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You

The Saints Are Coming
Party Girl
Kite

4 Comments:

  • I should have gone. Oh well. :-(

    By Blogger byron smith, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:31:00 pm  

  • Thomas (Renz) will be v.v.v.jealous!

    By Blogger Ros, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:02:00 pm  

  • Oh so jealous!! Was Pearl Jam good too??

    Hey I also want to thank you for your help getting me sorted for exams. It was so good. I have to confess that I haven't really done justice to your efforts but I think they have probably got me through NT so far.

    You are a champ and it has been great getting to spend more time with you lately :)

    Thanks again!!

    By Blogger Naomi, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 7:08:00 pm  

  • Stuff Thomas being jealous, I am utterly green with envy. (Which I am sure on so many levels is sinful). Went to see them a few years ago in London and they are jsut awesome.

    I am very pleased you were able to go (genuinely and not said through gritted teeth).

    hope tomight goes/has gone well.

    By Blogger Big Pete, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home