Mandy's Musings

Thursday, February 01, 2007

A well spent 35 minutes

I don't think I realised how expensive moving was .. all of those connection fees add up. So when one organisation billed me $299 for about 20 minutes of work, I was outraged. I rang customer service and politely but insistently explained the predicament and my unhappiness. The officer listened and then placed me on hold. Thankfully I have a hands free phone at work, so I got on with some admin while I was waiting. About 10 minutes later she got back to me and said she was going to speak to the technician who did the work, but that I needed to stay on the line. Back on hold for another 10 minutes or so, whereupon I was told - the technician says it should only be $59, would you mind holding again while I fix that up. um, NO, I'll happily wait. Another 5 minutes on hold. The officer comes back on the line. I've changed that in your account now, so the total owing by 15th Feb is $59.

35 minutes later, I'd saved $240. So glad I didn't just pay the bill assuming the charge was right!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home