Mandy's Musings

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Contrasts

On my walk to work this morning I was confronted by a contrast. Walking through the QVB I was struck by its opulence and how busy it was, even at 9 in the morning, with people walking out of stores clutching their bag of goodies, purchased on sale. Then I entered Sydney Square, just outside the cathedral, and saw others clutching their bags. But these bags were full not of the latest special, but of all the worldly possessions of someone who lives on the street.

It was humbling. The contrast reminded me that I have much to be thankful to our gracious heavenly Father, not least for the salvation won on the cross by Jesus, and the provision of a great job and a home to live in. It brought me to my knees in prayer.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home