Mandy's Musings

Friday, July 21, 2006

Home sweet home

It's been a while since I have sat down at the computer properly. Over the next few weeks I will try and up-load some more photos of the last few weeks and update you all on my travels - Dublin was great fun and Italy with Zoe, Rod, Sachy and Gelato was just amazing.

I arrived back in Sydney at 5.15am on Saturday morning. While I have left London sweltering in my wake, Sydney is cold and wet. It was about 11 degrees when I arrived, and hasn't got much above 14 since. I've packed all my summer clothes away and dragged out the winter woolies for another season.

I'm settling in well to my new home - living with Michelle at Gladesville. I have far more stuff than I remember - still in the process of sorting it out and finding spaces to put it all. Should get started on that for today really ...

4 Comments:

  • Welcome back.

    By Blogger byron smith, at Friday, July 21, 2006 12:04:00 pm  

  • Great to hear about your 'safetygirl' adventure. Looking forward to more.

    By Blogger Justin, at Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:43:00 pm  

  • Mandy -- Did you know that East Beach Beach Mission doesn't exist anymore. I think thats right. I'm sad even thinking about it!

    By Blogger Justin, at Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:44:00 pm  

  • Hi Justin - I'm enjying becoming reaquainted with you online :)

    Yes, I was close to tears when Geoff Everett told me in our first year of college that the East Beach team had folded the year beforehand. Very hard to believe that soomething that played such a big part in my life no longer existed. I'm always amazed by how many peole have Easts Beach connections - went to atalk to a man about a women's worker job on Wednesday and the Youth and Children's worker at the church and I had been on team at the same time.

    By Blogger Mandy, at Sunday, July 23, 2006 7:21:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home