Mandy's Musings

Monday, June 12, 2006

Delightful Derby


I've just returned from a lovely weekend in Derby with the Cox Family. I was in first year when Liz did B&M in 2003 and David finished 3rd Year. They moved to Derby with Rachel, Olivia and Jordan in Jan 04 so that Liz could work as the Women's and Children's worker at St Giles - an Evanglical Anglican Church in Derby.

It was lovely to catch up and here how ministry is going and how they are enjoying living in Derby. The weather was beautiful - 28 degrees both Saturday and Sunday, clear blue sky and a light wind to take the edge off (pity about that torrential rain in Sydney at the moment). I do believe I am sporting a slight suntan!


On Saturday Liz and I drove up to Chatsworth House (Pemberley in the new P&P movie). The house and gardens are exquisite. The dining room in the photo is where Queen Victoria had her first grown up dinner!

My bus stopped in Birmingham on the way home - so I went to the most unusual shopping centre I've ever seen, called the bullring - check it out. Space age or what?

I had a great time. The weekend was a lovely distraction from study. I did my last exam on Friday, so all of my exams are over for the semester. Now I just have to write a church history essay and put some words together on my project. The end is in sight.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home