Mandy's Musings

Monday, June 26, 2006

Holidays

Deep theological reflection is off the agenda at the moment as I enjoy being on holidays. I got my Oak Hill results yesterday and passed both my subjects, so now I can really relax and enjoy the next few weeks before I head home.

I spent last week in Oxford and Cambridge. I refuse to enter into debate about which of the university towns is better – I didn’t study at either so my care factor is zero!

In Oxford I caught up with the Jensen's and enjoyed wandering around the university parks. It was lovely and relaxing, not having to be anywhere at any particular time.

The rest of the week was in Cambridge - lots of fun but a bit less relaxing as I spent 3 days/2 nights caring for 3 children (3,6 and 8) while David and Amelia had a break in London. I have a whole new respect for parents - it is just so constant. I think I got a bit of an insight into what it means to pray continually - I so often felt a little bit out of my depth that I did a whole lot more praying than normal (perhaps something that should change). I did enjoy it - managed not to kill anyone and haven't been put off the whole idea of parenthood, but would definitely not choose to start with 3 at once! Was nice to have David and Amelia back on Friday night and relax for the rest of the weekend.

Tonight is my last night in London - off to have dinner at Parliament with Libby and if the rain clears, a trip on the London eye.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home