Mandy's Musings

Friday, July 21, 2006

Dublin

I was actually only in Dublin from the evening of Sat 1st to Tuesday 3rd, but had lots of fun while I was there.

On Saturday night after checking ot Kiliney we went to Johnny Foxes - the highest pub in Ireland. It was fairly touristy, but lots of fun as we listened to a traditionial irish band. We met a very strange Irish lady and her stranger son who seemed to want to make friends with us in a big way. It was a good laugh, although Dorothy was a bit worried about what I must think of the Irish.

On Sunday we went along to Irish Bible Mission (IBM) (Dorothy's Church) and Grosvenor Road Presbyterian (where Daire Killian is about to start). It was great to get a taste of what church is like in Ireland. The evangelical church is small, and much prayer is needed that evangelical ministers will continue to preach the gospel, that Christians would persevere in the faith and that the millions of people in Ireland that don't know Jesus would be convicted of their sin and repent.

In the afternoon we headed up to Malahide Castle - I'm still impressed by castles and stately homes - you just don't see anything like them in Australia.

And while it was too cold to go for a proper swim, i didn't want to leave without putting my feet in the Irish Sea, so we drove down to Sandimount and took a picture to prove it!

On Monday I spent the day in Dublin city. I checked out trinity College, some of the parks and wandered around temble bar. I met Susan for lunch, then we headed off to Dublin Casle and looked at their collection of ancient biblical manuscripts. A bit dissappointing that after 3.5 years of greek I still can't read them, but I do appreciate them much more now than before I went to college.





3 Comments:

  • Hey Mandy, hope you're intending to keep going now you're back home (perhaps you could write to your UK friends: 'help, I think I'm becoming a Sydney evangelical' and they can write you helpful advice...) :-)

    Anyway, just in case you have seen it, you've been tagged.

    By Blogger byron smith, at Friday, July 28, 2006 7:04:00 pm  

  • Hey Byron,

    Yes I am intendiing to keep going, but first week back at college and all those lectures kept me away from the computer!

    By Blogger Mandy, at Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:54:00 pm  

  • It's not a big deal, but Grosvenor Road church you visited in Dublin and where I am a member, is not Presbyterian, it's Baptist. God bless, Bubbleowner

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, April 19, 2008 11:05:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home